Michael Greenberg is a very popular New Yorker. He is not famous in sports or the arts. But people in the streets 41 him, especially those who are 42 .
For those people, he is “Gloves” Greenberg. How did he get that 43 ?He looks like any other businessman, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase (公文箱). But he’s 44 . His briefcase always has some gloves.
In winter, Mr. Greenberg does not 45 like other New Yorkers, who look at the sidewalk and 46 the street. He looks around at 47 .He stops when he 48 someone with no gloves. He gives them a pair and then he 49 , looking for more people with cold 50 .
On winter days, Mr. Greenberg 51 gloves. During the rest of the year, he 52 gloves. People who have heard about him 53 him gloves, and he has many in his apartment.
Mr. Greenberg 54 doing this 21 years ago. Now, many poor New Yorkers know him and 55 his behavior. But people who don't know him are sometimes 56 him. They don’t realize that he just wants to make them 57 .
It runs in the 58 . Michael’s father always helped the poor as he believed it made everyone happier. Michael Greenberg feels the 59 . A pair of gloves may be a 60 thing, but it can make a big difference in winter.
41. A..know about B. learn from C. cheer for D. look after
42. A. old B. busy C. kind D. poor
43. A. job B. name C. chance D. message
44. A. calm B. different C. crazy D. curious
45. A. act B. sound C. feel D. dress
46. A. cross over B. drive along C. hurry down D. keep off
47. A. cars B. people C. street numbers D. traffic lights
48. A. helps B .chooses C. greets D. sees
49. A. holds up B. hangs out C. moves on D. turns around
50. A. hands B. ears C. faces D. eyes
51. A. searches for B. stores up C. gives away D. puts on
52. A. borrows B. sells C. returns D. buys
53. A. call B. send C. lend D. show
54. A. delayed B. remembered C. began D. enjoyed
55. A. understand B. dislike C. study D. excuse
56. A. sorry for B. satisfied with C. proud of D. surprised by
57. A. smart B. rich C. special D. happy
58. A. city B. family C. neighborhood D. company
59. A. honor B. pain C. same D. cold
60. A. small B. useful C. delightful D. comforting
choose [tʃu:z] v.挑选；选择过去式：chose；过去分词：chosen
greet [gri:t] v.迎接；致敬；打招呼
sell [sel] v.卖；售；销售；推销；出卖
send [send] v.送；派遣
lend [lend] v.把……借给；贷（款）；给予
understand [ˏʌndə'stænd] v.懂；理解；默认；领会
dislike [dɪs'laɪk] v.不喜欢；厌恶n.厌憎；讨厌
smart [smɑ:t] adj.聪明的；敏捷的；厉害的
neighborhood ['neɪbəhʊd] n.地区；某地区的人；与某处邻近的地区
delightful [dɪ'laɪtfl] adj.令人非常高兴的；讨人喜欢的；令人愉快的
keep off （使）不接近；禁食；避开某一话题
be proud of为……而感到骄傲
1. In winter, Mr. Greenberg does not act like other New Yorkers, who look at the sidewalk and hurry down the street.
“Who”引导非限定性定语从句，其先行词为“other New Yorkers”，在从句中做主语。
2. Michael's father always helped the poor as he believed it made everyone happier.
make + sb./sth. + adj表示“使……+ 形容词的意思”；eg. make me happy：使我开心
3. They don't realize that he just wants to make them happy.
“That”引导宾语从句。wantto do sth：想要做某事高考完型填空的特点